Capital Professionals are pleased to be representing a leading global private investment firm in their search for an Portfolio Data Analyst. While the company has global offices, this position will be based in downtown Dallas, TX. The company is a leading independent investment firm specializing in leveraged loans, high yield bonds, structured products, distressed securities and turnaround investments. The company manages distressed funds,credit hedge funds, customized accounts and other specialty credit funds. The Portfolio Data Analyst will provide support functions pertaining to certificated trade settlements and claims processing. The ideal candidate must be able to work under strict time constraints with diligence and accuracy. This company offers great health care benefits.
- Review, analyze and seek resolutions of missing or inaccurate data related to trades and overall portfolio holdings of 1500+ instruments.
- Identify, research and resolve discrepancies that may occur between Wall Street Office (Portfolio Accounting System), Everest (Order Management System), general ledger system and internal data warehouse.
- Create and review the master set-up of multiple financial instruments types prior to trade initiation.
- Perform settlements of bank loan trades for both U.S. and non U.S. issuers in a timely fashion for multiple investment fund structures.
- Elevate complex and unusual items to their manager.
- Liaise and collaborate with Trading Operations, Middle Operations, Client Accounting teams along with external parties as necessary.
- Provide optimal customer support to internal clients, colleagues and external financial service partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferable.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in finance or accounting related roles
- High degree of integrity and character, ability to think independently.
- Able to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision, works well under pressure, well organized.
- Ability to sustain high energy in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines.
- Detail oriented; follows through and completes tasks; strong communication and verbal skills
- Strong work ethic, including ability to “do what it takes” to get the job done and the ability to adapt to change.
- Superior skills with spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and proficient within Microsoft Office.