Capital Professionals is pleased to be assisting a well-established Transportation Brokerage in their search for a Freight Sales Brokerage Manager
. This is an operations and sales management position, responsible for the management and continued growth of the Truckload Freight Brokerage Group. This key position requires broad and thorough knowledge of North American ground transportation. The Freight Brokerage Manager must be a “self-starter" and be able to react quickly to changing conditions. They must be able to communicate well with executive management as well as customers and carriers. The ideal candidate will be someone who isn’t afraid to get in the trenches and lead his team to success.
- The position is responsible for successfully executing the sales process by both leading by example as well as showing and guiding their team to be successful and by hitting assigned goals to generate revenue growth through initiation and development of business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- This position will develop and maintain a solid sales pipeline of prospects by establishing deep relationships within those organizations.
- This position will be responsible to extend or renew existing contracts, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations, new industries, or with additional products and services.
- The position will embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism and utilize this value based selling methodology in all of their sales pursuits.
- Applies business expertise to develop financial and operational objectives
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that support and drive the organization strategy; influences others to support the decisions.
- Negotiates with customer and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to set priorities
- Provide leadership for a freight brokerage operation and manage departmental performance using a range of objective operational and financial measures.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to expand an effective carrier brokerage service offering and identifying target client markets.
- Build and train a sales staff to support client/carrier development.
- Manage the development of a truckload carrier database and recruit carriers into the network.
- Negotiate and administer carrier contracts, insurance and rates.
- Communicate with executive and management teams via written and oral presentations.
- Interface with sales personnel and account executives to cultivate and develop new business.
- Experience with truckload posting boards and transportation brokerage companies.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on business, transportation or related field required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Capacity to build relationships internally & externally
- Solid judgment to know what is appropriate for the company size/scope.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across organization/engage others to ensure the most effective efficient logistics solutions.
- Flexibility to seek & incorporate input from others into the plan/solid track record for effectively managing/developing a team
- 5 years of transportation management experience in a 3PL capacity highly preferred
- Detailed understanding of freight management across all modes of transportation with a focus on TL and LTL.
- Proven people management skills and ability to develop a team.
- Responsible for the management of customers, suppliers, and employees to ensure exceptional service to the customer base
- Provide hands on leadership of operating teams across all disciplines - sales, carrier management, operations / dispatch, freight audit and payment, accounting and IT.
- Develop and create sales strategies to expand business models and market penetration.